As in the last season, maxi skirts are in fashion 2020! And women are very happy about it because long skirts look very elegant and feminine. Moreover, they are great for plus-sized women, not just slim girls.
How to style a maxi skirt? What kind of tops goes with skirts?
Fashion trends allow you to wear a long skirt with a wide variety of things. What tops to wear for long skirts?
T-shirts, tops and blouses with maxi skirts make a classic combination that never goes out of style.
In addition to the usual T-shirts and tops, this can be a sports jacket, a warm vest. Moreover, girls are allowed to wear a long skirt with sneakers.
The clothes of contrasting texture – a leather jacket, a fur jacket – with a long skirt look very modern.
Cable-knit sweater also looks good with full skirts.
Denim jackets or shirts will create a contrasting and stylish youth look, which is very comfortable.
Linen or lace tops with long skirts are a bold combination for confident girls.
To complete the look, it is recommended to choose the appropriate accessories: a fashionable tote handbag or a small suitcase.
How to wear maxi skirts: stylists’ advice
- Maxi skirts can be worn with heeled shoes and flat shoes, but the length of the bottom in each case should be different.
- To hide extra centimeters, you need to choose a style with a minimum number of folds. A pleated skirt, for example, will help hide the stomach, but if the hips are too wide, the style can emphasize this flaw. It is best to hide the belly with a skirt with a drapery, A-shaped skirt, a pencil skirt, or a skirt with a wrap. Read about the skirts to hide your belly in our recent publication.
- The voluminous top looks good with narrow skirts, if the skirt is full, then choose a tight-fitting top.
- If you are not tall, you shouldn’t choose a long skirt with a horizontal pattern.
- The skirt shouldn’t reach the floor by 1-1.5 cm.
- If you want to visually increase your height, wear a maxi skirt with a yoke or high waist.
Do you already know which models of long skirts are relevant in 2020? Read about it on our website.
And in this review we will tell you what colors of long skirts of 2020 are the most fashionable and how to combine them with other items of clothing according to the color.
Fashionable colors of long skirts, which top to combine them with
You should remember that too much black makes the image gloomy. Versatile black goes well with clothes of almost any color, and the formula «white top, black bottom» is still suitable for official events.
A long white skirt is a bold but very impressive solution. It is embodied mainly in summer and elegant ensembles.
The white color also goes well with different colors, but it looks especially impressive with bright shades. Therefore, combinations with emerald, raspberry, lemon, turquoise will be appropriate and harmonious.
A red maxi skirt will undoubtedly make its owner the center of attention. For solemn moments, a skirt of a heavy shade of velvet or silk is suitable. Dimmed matte red can be an element of an office suite.
And light long stylish skirts in a red palette are a great model for the summer.
All shades of blue are in fashion, from the turquoise of the heavens to very dark.
Blue is not a neutral color, but many combinations are possible both with muted tones and with bright colors.
Deep colors come to the foreground in the new season. In addition to combinations with black and white, other bright colors will be appropriate – purple, yellow, red, pink.
Skirts with metallic effects are popular in the world of fashion as well as in everyday life.
Muted pastel shades give special tenderness and romance to a look with a long skirt. Creamy, coffee with milk, delicate terracotta look especially harmonious in ruffles and frills.
From the variety of colors in the new fashion season, designers recommend paying attention to brown, beige, gray. For the summer, orange, pink, muted green, as well as wine shades, are relevant.
If you want to read more tips and see the most fashionable images with a long skirt, see the publication of the authoritative stylists of our site.