Popular in the hippie era, flare jeans are in fashion 2021 again. The main advantage of the style is versatility. Flared jeans are suitable for both slim and plus-sized girls and women, as a moderate flare from the hip will reliably hide the extra kilograms.
The flare length and width may vary from one model to another. In fashionable outfits of the 2021 season, the maximum length is relevant, which covers even a high heel. The trend is also 3/4 and 7/8.
The high waist, which corrects the figure, has come from the fashion of previous years to the present days. A high waist visually lengthens the silhouette. Such trendy models can be worn with denim or a leather belt.
There are two main types of flared jeans: from the hip and from the knee. However, in some models there is a full flare, the definition of “wide cut” is applied to this style.
Varieties of fashionable flare jeans 2021
- Full flare. In such models, the extension starts from the waist, which creates an impression of lightness and fragility. The length can be classic or cropped.
All the top designers, fashion bloggers, stylists, and celebrities have come up with fashionable ways of wearing wide leg jeans in 2021 and ultimately turned baggy jeans or loose skater jeans into closet must-haves. Read about these fashionable jeans on our site.
- Flare from the hip. Flare is a classic, versatile, and most fashionable option. Such a style can hide overweight hips.
• Flare from the knee. It focuses on the legs and hips, visually adds growth.
In addition to the main types, other original interpretations of flare jeans also take place in the trends of the 2021 season.
- Cropped trendy culottes. The length of such jeans ends at the lower shin, the extension can vary from small to extremely wide.
- Retro style. Such flare jeans necessarily have the elements of the fashion of the 70s: high waist, extension from the hip, wide flare.
- Asymmetric flare. The original and trendy model with an uneven or beveled edge.
For those who do not like extreme solutions, a small, not prominent flare remains in fashion.
Classic blue color ranges from light blue to deep indigo.
Fashion collections offer denim in a wide variety of colors. These are soft shades – olive, dusty rose, mint, and bright – up to bright red.
The traditional blue color of different shades can be monochrome, or with the use of discoloration. The effect of digestion, the gradient (smooth flow of shades from dark to light), discoloration of areas in the form of patterns, shapes, stripes – all this can be seen in the shows and photos of 2021 models.
Black, gray, white colors also don’t go unnoticed.
The zest of the new season is white flared jeans in the autumn-winter period. They go well with trendy colored fur coats and boots.
In the warm season, flared jeans of different shades will become a hit: nude, orange, mustard, khaki, pink, burgundy, red, purple. Stylists recommend wearing bright jeans with a white shirt in spring and summer, this is a winning option.
In the 2021 season, models with original decor will be popular. However, it should be remembered that heavily ripped jeans and the abundance of various elements took second place, more moderate decor is in fashion. Nevertheless, the “schticks” in the trendy styles of boho and grunge remain relevant: cuts, fringe.
- Non-turned-up bottom with raw edges
- Combined denim
- Moderate cuts and turn decor
- Patch pockets
- Uneven cut
- Prints, labels, embroidery
A list of all the fashionable styles of jeans for plus size women is already published on the site.
As can be seen from the illustrations, embroidery also takes place, but in small quantities. This decor creates a romantic and delicate look.
On 2020-2021 models, traditional zippers can be replaced with lacing.
All these elements are a tribute to some youthful outrageousness. Many stylists believe that for elegant ladies in the 2020-2021 season, the trend will be minimal decor and even its absence, emphasis on a simple cut from the hip and denim quality. In the models of some stylists, even the absence of pockets can be noted.
What to wear flared jeans with
The perfect combination with flared jeans is a tight-fitting model of T-shirts, pullovers, fitted shirts, and vests – this balances the proportions. However, you can create a harmonious stylish outfit – an untied style of clothing, shoes, and accessories – and with other styles of “top”.
- Sports style. Flared jeans are perfectly harmonized with all models focused on sport – football shirts, T-shirts, shirts, crop tops. A new fashionable touch: these things can be tucked into jeans.
- Business style. Flared jeans, as a variant of classic trousers, are appropriate for an office outfit in combination with a jacket or a strict blouse.
- Romantic style. An original and feminine ensemble is obtained with a tandem of flared jeans (as well as flared trousers) with various blouses or crop tops.
- Total denim look. Denim sets are still popular. A denim ensemble of one shade will visually stretch the silhouette, however, a complete match of the color of the top and the bottom isn’t necessary.
- A variant in patchwork style will also be interesting.
- Sweaters. The usual combination of jeans with sweaters continues to be one of the most convenient types of clothing. Oversize and hyper size sweaters, beloved by youth, look especially stylish.
- Jackets. Short leather jackets (classic, leather jackets, aviators) and suede jackets look fresh, modern, and young with flared jeans.
- Outerwear. In the fall-winter season 2020-2021, stylists suggest wearing flared jeans with various types of outerwear.
In autumn, this bottom will look original with cardigans, fashionable capes, and a poncho.
Raincoats, classic and quilted coats, down jackets, sheepskin coats – all this can be combined with flared jeans.
Trendy 2021 flared jeans match perfectly with trendy short multi-colored fur coats and fur jackets.
Multilayer sets are also relevant in the new season, for example, an untucked shirt, a sweater, an undercoat, a jacket or a straight raincoat on top. A combination with a shirt dress is also possible.
To create a certain style – sports, business, romantic – it’s very important to choose shoes. The advantage of flared jeans is that they can be worn with a heel and a flat sole. When choosing shoes, you need to be guided by the advice of stylists and your own aesthetic taste. Read more about what shoes to wear with flared jeans on our website.
Which footwear should be worn with flared jeans? Which footwear isn’t suitable for flared jeans?
Let’s start with shoes because this is an important point in creating a harmonious outfit.
The choice of shoes for flared jeans depends on the theme of the look since almost any option can be combined with them. But there are exceptions! And it’s also necessary to take into account the peculiarities of the figure.
Stylists claim that flared jeans can visually shorten growth. And what should girls of average or lower height do? “Thumbelines” are strongly recommended to wear heels. If the legs will cover the part of the heel and the front of the shoe, then the legs will seem longer, and this is a big advantage!
Important: elegant shoes with thin stiletto heels are NOT suitable in this case. First, thin heels will slide under the weight of flared jeans. Secondly, sharp spiked heels can pierce the edges of the legs and cling to them.
You SHOULDN’T combine! Extravagant shoes with long noses and sparkling decor will be unsuccessful companions to this kind of fashionable look. Long noses of shoes will look ugly from under trousers and spoil the image.
Choose simple laconical variants.
With platform shoes
Shoes on the platform, for example, fashionable espadrilles, look quite harmonious with flared jeans. The platform enhances the visual effect – legs seem longer, you look taller. This casual is a convenient everyday option for work, study and leisure. But you should choose long, not shortened flare jeans.
Mules are also very popular nowadays – feminine shoes without a back, with a closed front part. This ensemble will bring you the biggest comfort!
With sport shoes
Until recently, sports style wasn’t welcomed and wasn’t combined with flared jeans, and stylists advised to throw aside sneakers and training shoes. But comfort won! Neat, not too coarse sneakers can be combined with flares unless they don’t stand out too much from under the leg.
Valuable ADVICE! Remember that short girls risk looking even shorter wearing shoes without heels, as in the photo. After all, a flare can conceal a few centimeters. But for tall girls, the option with sneakers is more than permissible.
Too massive sneakers can create unnecessarily catchy accents that will look flashy with flared legs. Some stylists don’t recommend wearing flared jeans with sneakers. Therefore, if you can’t imagine your look without sports shoes, we advise you to opt for more familiar modest sneakers.
With shoes with flat sole
Classic models with low sole – oxfords, loafers, monk shoes – create a more rigorous, but no less comfortable look. Moreover, we see the increasing popularity of this type of shoe.
And yet, it will look beautiful only for tall girls. As you know, such a combination can “steal” a few centimeters of growth from “thumb-sized” girls.
With ankle boots and boots
Short ankle boots and boots with or without small heels look perfect under flared jeans. And even with cropped flared jeans, such shoes are suitable.
In the cold season, youth fashion offers to combine flared jeans with massive men’s-style boots.
Note: if heeled boots are worn under flared jeans, the fabric should cover the boot or shoes.
Trendy jeans 2021 have been an integral part of women’s wardrobe for many decades and their popularity doesn’t fall. Follow proven tips and be stylish in any situation!
Read about fashionable pants style in 2021 now.