It’s not right to say that plus-sized women are deprived of modern fashion. The designers create stylish and elegant plus-size looks especially for them. However, not all women with curvy forms have such perfect body proportions and models from catwalks. Some women who are a little plump have a bulging belly, some of them want to hide large breasts or accentuate small ones or to smooth wide hips. How can a woman with a non-standard figure choose an optimal cut form a variety of styles? Except for general recommendations, the stylists solve the secrets of the correction of the disadvantages of the figure.
Dresses, which hide the belly
The dresses of this model expand to the bottom and the expansion must begin from the problem area which you want to hide.
They visually make the figure slimmer; hide the flaws of the lower part of the body.
The trend of the season is a wrapped dress in the style of kimono, which makes the image more feminine and fragile.
The dress of the dense fabric which keeps the good shape, won’t be too tight but will favorably accentuate the silhouette.
Low waistline with fall-over
The division line in this model mustn’t be right under the belly and the fabric mustn’t be too tight here. If the cut is right, the fall-over will cover everything you want to hide.
This model performs its function successfully if the waistline doesn’t stick into the body and the lower part falls freely.
Almost all the above-mentioned modes are universal for its purposes. Only special details can denote a certain style – everyday, business, or evening.
This is a practical model in a casual style that remains at the top of fashion trends, and at the same time corrects your silhouette successfully.
This stylish and fashionable variant is comfortable and doesn’t restrict your movements. All types of oversized dresses also perfectly disguise the imperfections of your body.
You can read more about dresses that hide your belly on our website.
Any body type is beautiful if it’s proportional and harmonious. Many women have complexes because of their figure and they have no idea that the properly chosen plus size fashion clothes can hide a few extra kilograms. The experts reveal several such techniques.
Dresses for women with big belly and hips
With such features, hips look wider than shoulders and the top of the body is shorter than the bottom. To get rid of this visual effect, we recommend such models as:
– “Empire” and “Greek” dress with midi or maxi lengths,
-“shirt dress” (it is possible with a thin belt),
– A-shaped dress with an extension from the chest.
Except for traditional models, there are novelties in the trend of the latest seasons: for example, culotte dresses (or one-piecers). Such models identify a subtle sense of style and are suitable for any occasion.
Some small details may work well:
- Padded-shoulders visually lengthen the shoulder line and create the needed balance;
- Catch collars, wide necklines, contrasting trim on the chest have the same effect;
- A bodice with straps perfectly copes with the problem, as well as a short sleeve;
- Vertical folds, cuts, stripes, diagonals check are appropriate.
With wide hips, together with a large belly, a tight cut at the bottom of the dress, knitted fabric and tight knitwear, skirts with folds at the waist, wide belts, patch pockets, large prints, a horizontal strips are forbidden.
Dresses for women with big hips
If the problem is precisely in the wide hips, then there are three ways to hide them.
- To visually reduce the volume by choosing the right bottom: a long pleated skirt, a-line, semi-circle.
- To visually enlarge the shoulders (collars, shoulder pads, other decorative details).
- To divert attention – to focus on the chest and shoulders (for example, to bare one shoulder).
Dresses for women with big buts and tummy
It sometimes happens that a woman has large breasts and big belly, and a woman faces another problem: how to make it look beautiful, neat and fit into the created image. Some tricks designed to divert attention from the volume of the chest can help in solving the issue, and the neckline of the dress plays the main role in it.
V-shaped: there is an interesting optical effect – the gaze slides along the lines of the neckline to the cleavage, without stopping at the massive chest.
The square-cut looks good on large breasts, it’s only important to choose the right underwear.
“Sweetheart” neckline looks like it was created for big breasts; it can make them visually smaller and the waist sinner.
“Boat neck” will optically make the breasts smaller if it is slightly lowered and shows the collarbone.
U-shaped: the gaze slides down without being distracted by the volume of the breasts.
A through zipping or buttoned placket will also add the vertical line and align the image.
You should also pay attention to the sleeves, in their absence, the breasts seem larger. The best option is a short sleeve, ending above the bust line.
What you shouldn’t do:
- To make the top of the dress heavier with ruffles, flounces, frills, as well as shiny accessories;
- To wear dresses with a bodice on straps;
- High-necked bodice, too small neckline, high neckline, cowl-neck will make the bust even more massive.
Dresses for women with a big belly and small buts
Experts say that in order to visually make the belly smaller, you need to start with the bust. If a plus-sized woman has small breasts, the belly seems even larger. To even out the proportions, it’s necessary to shift the volume and bright accents to the top.
Leaving aside the little women’s tricks in the form of push up bras and suchlike, let’s turn to the styles. In dresses such as “pencil” and “trapeze”, you can make a detachable yoke. A wider neckline will visually increase the volume of the chest.
The same effect will be created by draping the bodice in the Greek style. To balance the insufficient volume of the top and a large belly, you can choose the correct “bat” cut with fall-over at the waist.
Ruffles and flounces, large collars, large jewelry, and other accessories that draw attention to the top of the dress visually increase the bust.
Big belly and plump arms
The sleeve isn’t only an additional decorative element, it’s able to visually hide the excessive corpulence of the hands, you just need to take into account some rules.
- If the sleeve ends at the highest point of the bust, the horizontal line expands, making the big bust look even bigger.
- Long sleeves or 3/4 sleeves balance the body proportions best.
- To hide the corpulence of the arms and shoulder line will help styles with raglan sleeves, seamless, “bat” or with low armholes.
A dress for a plus-sized woman should visually stretch the figure. Therefore, it’s useful to listen to the designers’ advice.
- The optimal length is midi or maxi. A short dress is perhaps too extravagant option.
- The plus-sized owner of a thin waist should emphasize it, and in general, the dress should favorably accentuate the most attractive part of the figure.
- Three rules from stylists: always take into account the type of figure, keep the proportions in memory, and don’t follow the fleeting fashion.
Read about 10 best skirts to hide tummy for plus-sized women.